Hong Kong is a leading events capital. Perceived as a resource-intensive and high waste industry, event organizers increasingly need to demonstrate greener conferences, meetings and fairs. For event hosts or sponsors seeking to demonstrate environmental accountability, the event gives rise to a golden opportunity to do a mini carbon management project, and through it, understand stakeholders’ reception and gauge in-house capacity to carbon management.
Whether your intention is to brand your event as carbon neutral or low carbon, RESET Carbon’s event services help you to:
- Raise the profile of the event with credible low carbon credentials
- Demonstrate climate accountability with actual actions to manage the event’s footprint
- Use carbon footprint as a tool to engage stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for reducing carbon emissions at this and future events
Just like any carbon management project, event carbon footprint has to be tackled using the MEASURE, MANAGE, MESSAGE approach”
RESET Carbon’s event footprint is calculated using our proprietary event carbon calculator using local emissions factors and best-in-class international proxies. Built with reference to the GHG Protocol’s corporate reporting standard and BSI 8901 Sustainable Events standard, we intend to provide the best quality and most rigorous event carbon footprinting service available in Asia.
Typically, our footprint service covers the scope of venue energy use, waste produced on‐site (paper and organic waste), transport (international flights, shipping and delivery) and materials used (paper use for printing and marketing, PET and aluminium can use).
RESET Carbon stresses the importance of footprint reduction and minimization before the attempt to neutralize the emissions because of the importance of on-the-ground action from a communications and stakeholder engagement perspective. Therefore, we work with you and your service providers to propose a menu of actionable event management measures. Typical actions include:
- Materials use minimization and sourcing of lower carbon subsitutes
- Waste reduction and landfill diversion
- Low carbon menus for catering
- Voluntary carbon offsets for guests flights
As event carbon footprint will have a strong communications focus, and media exposure is a major consideration. We recommend clients adopt a communications strategy that combines visibility with credibility. We recommend clients communicate neutrality and reduction results together with case studies of the efforts taken, reflecting a systematic approach to managing event footprint.
RESET Carbon offers support with communications strategy or the development of production materials (e.g. press releases, case studies, event footprint review brochure etc.) as supporting services to ensure that efforts undertaken are communicated credibly and professionally.
What you get:
- Carbon footprint with breakdown by emissions source, with per participant or per event hour analysis
- Sourcing of appropriate quality carbon offsets to neutralise the event footprint where approproate
- Training to Event Organiser or event host
- Actionable carbon reduction measures and their potential reduction achievable
- Communications support in the form of strategy, materials production and press briefings
Why RESET Carbon?
- Chosen by the best: event footprint projects for Friends of the Earth, Hong Kong, Queen’s Birthday Party of the British Consulate and the latest C40 Workshops in the Climate Dialogue 2010, our professional footprinting service is of recognized quality
- Demonstrate real carbon reductions: our focus is on professional footprinting and emissions management to ensure that your commitment to sustainability translates into real environmental benefits.
- We do not sell our own carbon credits: Shall you desire to render the event carbon neutral, we offer credits advisory and sourcing as an extended service, recommending the best quality offsets that meet your requirements
Have an event happening soon? How much will it cost? Ask us.