Demonstrating to stakeholders that carbon emissions are being managed is increasingly common practice, rather than best practice, for companies seeking to improve the sustainability reputation of their brand. But what and how to disclose, how much to report and to whom are questions that demand a broader perspective. Making use of our communications background, media experience (as interviewer and interviewee), market knowledge and extensive CSR & PR network, RESET Carbon’s Disclosure service answers your questions and helps you communicate your commitments credibly.
Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) Services
The Carbon Disclosure Project is an NGO backed by institutional investors with over USD 64 trillion under management. In 2008, it published the emissions data for 1550 of the world's largest corporations, accounting for 26% of global anthropogenic emissions. Every year, CDP sends questionnaire to request listed companies around the world to disclose their carbon emissions and corporate policie.
Since 2008, CDP has started active and structured pursuit of data disclosure from Chinese companies. In 2010, 635 companies (of which 100 are Chinese) in Asia-ex-Japan received the CDP request for carbon data and 190 (of which 10 are Chinese) reported their carbon emissions.
Increasingly, market-leading mainland Chinese companies take the initiative to be listed on CDP to show environmental commitment, in support of the national carbon reductions targets and ultimately, to put their names next to the many Fortune 500 companies.
Listing on CDP is free, but value is only generated if companies report convincingly about their understanding and management of carbon risks. Conversely poor reporting is potentially damaging to brand equity.
Our CDP service first helps you understand whether you are ready to report by laying out appropriate minimum benchmarks. Our team then assists in preparing a high quality response to the lengthy CDP questionnaire ensuring that information is of a sufficient relevance and quality to demonstrate our client is on top of the carbon issue.
What you get:
- Initial benchmarking against industry CDP-response norms
- Completed CDP questionnaire to a level of quality required to generate commercial value and protect brand equity.
- Support with launch strategy including media strategy.
Why RESET Carbon offers you more value:
- Communications specialists: RESET Carbon retains staff dedicated to environmental communications in Asian markets
- Asian expertise: RESET Carbon has deep experience within Asian markets and the implications of Asian business conditions for clear and effective reporting.
- Extra value: to ensure that you get the maximum benefit out of the disclosure exercise, we offer executive briefing sessions to help your company understand and better market the true value of the project
Not sure if this is right for you? Talk to us.