Engaging employees in the carbon management journey is an essential part of an effective carbon management strategy.
Providing training and engaging employees makes real business sense as it:
- Delivers direct carbon reduction from changes in staff behaviour
- Improves internal capacity on sustainability issues
- Strengthens corporate identity and workforce commitment
- Ensures that new technologies will be deployed effectively within the business
At RESET Carbon we understand that climate change is a new workplace issue for many companies and that people must feel engaged and empowered if they can be expected to act. We are experienced at talking with people across a wide range of sectors focusing on commonsense approaches that deliver tangible results.
Activites can include:
Tailor-made Sustainability briefings
For Executive, Client-facing, Operation & Administrative Staff
- A look at the climate change issue from you industry’s perspective.
- How are attitudes evolving in Asia?
- How are your carbon management measures going to help your company and your own career?
Workshops and training
Whether to set the context for or to build staff capacity in carbon management, RESET Carbon’s team has given speeches, structured trainings and full-day workshops to corporate clients and key staff in supply chain businesses on the following issues:
- Technical briefings for facilities or plant technicians
- Corporate carbon management
- Carbon Communications 101
- Climate change and business risks
- Climate change and low carbon lifestyle
- CDM, Gold Standard and carbon trading
- Low Carbon and energy efficient buildings
Training materials are always shaped according to your specific business or industry needs. Team building, internal campaigns and outreach programmes are also on offer to help make carbon management an emotionally rewarding experience for your staff.
Staff Opinion Survey
Review existing survey or conduct new research to understand how employees stand with respect to climate change and which activities or incentives they would be most receptive to. Mapping exercises will be conducted to understand:
- Staff’s understanding of their personal impact by and on climate change
- Low carbon actions they are already performing
- Degree of awareness of company’s environmental policy
- Degree of alignment of company’s environmental image and staff perception
- Degree to which one is incited to perform low carbon actions
- Drivers to staff’s actions
What you get:
- Tailor-made staff engagement or training services as add-on to your carbon management programme or stand-alone project, addressing your specific industry and business needs
- Review of staff opinion, existing barriers to employees’ carbon reduction and structured roll-out strategy
- Small group or one-on-one training as appropriate
- Where appropriate, collaboration with NGOs or academic institutes for extra credibility and staff exposure
Why RESET Carbon:
- Asian Expertise: campaigning, training and engagement experience in Asia-Pacific, to staff of all levels: from front-line staff to GMs to management level
- Flexibility, Creativity and Innovation: our programmes are structured to cover issues you are interested in and benefitial to you business growth. Whether about carbon trading in China, latest carbon standards or technical energy management: our team with our expert network work to provide the engagement you need
- Strong Network: RESET maintains strong NGO relationships and close ties with relevant media who can help you introduce a strong external dimension to internal engagement programmes
Not sure if this is right for you? Talk to us.