Energy consumption is a significant cost to the manufacturing business even in sectors traditionally considered as ‘light’ industry such as textiles and consumer electronics. While cost is always top of management’s mind, major savings are achievable from adopting a structured approach to identifying energy savings opportunities and managing energy spend. RESET Energy’s Facility Energy Assessment is technical service structured to identify cost-effective energy and water savings opportunities for manufacturing facilities.
For Suppliers: Facility Energy Assessment
Our approach is focused around prioritising energy and water efficiency opportunities where cost saving potentials are high and payback is fast. A typical energy assessment complies:
- pre site visit review of plant layout, production processes, volume, and energy consumption pattern
- mutually agreed assessment plan
- on-site assessment evaluating and measuring equipment and facilities
- identified savings opportunities, improvement measures and detailed estimates of potential savings
- discussion with factory management to identify priorities for implementation.
Typically, what can be identified for improvement?
- Wastage due to leakages or ineffective insulation
- Inefficient use of water and energy in processes
- Improper maintenance of equipment
- Ineffective management practices
Typically, where are opportunities located?
- Boiler systems
- Lighting & air conditioning
- Steam & compressed air systems
- Process process equipment
- Waste water treatment systems
On average, for manufacturers that have not systematically managed their energy use in the past, the first assessment plan can often identify savings of 15-25% with aggressive paybacks.
For Brands & Buyers: Portfolio Rapid Energy Assessment
Focusing on identification of opportunities for saving water, energy and costs at a larger portfolio of suppliers' facilities, the Portfolio Rapid Energy Assessment (PREA) is a condensed version of the Facility Energy Assessment designed to deliver a good understanding of rapid payback opportunities across a portfolio of factories. To optimise our on-site time, the RESET Energy team focuses on major saving opportunities within any given manufacturing site.
PREA provides brands with a tool to understand the energy and carbon saving potential in their supply chain in turn helping to set and implement technical best practice programmes, benchmarking schemes and portfolio level carbon targets. In addition participating suppliers will be provided with a detailed insight into the major efficiency opportunities available and a clear outline of the steps they need to take to secure these savings.
- Payback-focused assessment proven to identify feasible cost savings opportunities
- Practical solutions with indication of ease of implementation and ROI analysis
- Wide range of industry expertise in Asia
- Technically neutral: with no pre-set agenda for specific technologies or brands
- Professionals with engineering and energy management qualifications and deep industry knowledge
Energy Management & Implementation Services
RESET offers implementation services based on the results of our in-house energy assessments. These services are often deployed in a phased approach, initially focusing on executing simple, rapid payback measures as a priority in order to demonstrate savings quickly to management and then deploying more complex or capital intensive technology solutions in subsequent projects.
Typical implementation services include:
- Planning and prioritization of energy reduction opportunities
- Project management of management of multiple, sequenced activities, including management of subcontractors as appropriate
- Detailed design and commissioning of specific engineering solutions.
- Sourcing of equipment solutions.
- Technical and non-technical training for office mangers or facility engineers and management staff.
- Review of new infrastructure plans for energy optimisation.
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems using smart meters and software as appropriate.
Contact us for more details.